This archaeological monument located in San Isidro is appropriately protected and was home to three civilizations ranging from 200 B.C. to 1532 A.C and operated as a Ceremonial Center, Cemetery and Public Building.
The first archaeological excavations, led by Julio C. Tello, were conducted in 1942. In the 1960s the Municipality of San Isidro, with the advice of Arturo Jiménez Borja, managed to create a conservation plan with the intention in preserving the area from urban growth. That same year the museum was founded.