Built at the latter stages of the 18th century on the old Lescano street. The place where the Naval Museum "Casa Grau" is located was part of a large estate owned by Ms. María Josefa Ramírez de Arellano, wife of Mr. Gaspar Antonio de Osma y Tricio - “Oidor” (people sent by the Kings of Spain to advise the Viceroys and listen to the demands of the people to impart justice) of the Real Hearing of Lima at the beginning of XIX Century. The house maintains in its architecture a neoclassical reminiscence, typical of those times. In 1867, Miguel Grau was one of the tenants of this house after his marriage to Dolores Cabero. The last owner of this place, Mr. Jose de la Riva Agüero and Osma, after dying in 1944 left all his assets to the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Pontifical Catholic University of Peru). At the beginning of the 1980s, efforts were made to convert the building into a place destined to preserve the memory of Admiral Miguel Grau. In July 1984, after an agreement between that educational institution and the Peruvian Navy, the Naval Museum "Casa Grau" of Lima was inaugurated, to commemorate the sesquicentennial of the Grand Admiral's birthday.